- Complete all parts of the application form
- Include high-quality, PDF colour scans of final, original education transcripts. Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation (both the original language document and the certified translations (if applicable) are required)
- Include payment for non-refundable application fee
Academic requirements and documentation:
- Applicants must have obtained the Manitoba Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent high school graduation. Please review the application guide for country specific entrance requirements. For program specific entrance requirements, please refer to the international programs page and select the desired program.
- Your application form, transcripts, and other documentation submitted become the property of MITT.
- Original high school transcripts must be printed on school letterhead, signed by a school official, and have an official school seal
- All supporting documents must be in English or have certified English translations attached
- If you have attended a post-secondary institution including college, university, or a technical institute, we require scans of your original post-secondary transcripts, even if the program you are applying to does not require post-secondary courses as an admission requirement. Faxes are not acceptable
- Record of Immunizations, Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check (applies to some programs)
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose primary language is not English or whose education was conducted in a country where English is not the official language must meet English language proficiency requirements.
Please visit the English Language Proficiency webpage for acceptable options, and for a list of countries that are exempt from testing for English language proficiency.
Remember! English Language Proficiency requirements may vary by program – visit the appropriate program page for these details.
IMPORTANT: Official test result may need to be forwarded directly from the test centre to the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology.
Tests taken more than two years prior to the program start date will not be considered.
IMPORTANT POLICY INFORMATION
Your application will be processed and assessed once all high-quality scans of documents in PDF format (4MB maximum) have been received.
As an applicant, is it your responsibility to notify MITT of changes to your personal information including your name, address, phone number, and email address – please send any necessary updates to email@example.com. Communications from MITT returned as undeliverable will result in your application being cancelled..
Upon admission, the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology will supply you with a letter of acceptance and a standardized form letter. These letters can be used to apply to the Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission for a Study Permit.
For further information on studying in Canada refer to the Government of Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca.
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology reserves the right to modify or cancel any program, process or procedure without notice or prejudice. Please visit www.mitt.ca for complete and up-to-date program information.
Using the services of an agent
Use of a recruitment agent is not required to apply to MITT.
To apply directly to MITT, please visit our application page.
If you choose to use the services of a recruitment agent, please refer to our global network of authorized recruitment agents in Canada
and around the world listed here.
Your agent may assist you in completing the International Student Application Form with your consent. A signed
Authorization for Release of Student's Information Form must be submitted with the application. Once a
complete application is received at MITT with your authorization, we will be able to send communications to your designated agent regarding the progress
of your application with MITT.
Changing agents or adding an agent to an existing application account
Changing your agent or adding an agent to your application accounts will result in a cancellation of your current application(s).
If you already have an application with MITT, please review the
Agent Change Policy
prior to submitting an application with a different agent.
If you would like to submit a new application with an agent or a new application with a different agent, you must cancel your existing application(s) first.
Please complete the
Agent Change Request Form
and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting a new application.
If a new application is submitted with a different agent before any existing application(s) are cancelled,
the new application will be automatically cancelled. All application fees are non-refundable.
- Complete Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology international admission application
- High-quality scans of original transcripts and certified translations, if
- Scans of English Language Test results (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS), if applicable
- Application fees and tuition deposits
- Scanned copy of passport
- Scanned copy of study permit (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of Release of Information form (if applicable)